Levels 3 – 5
- The Developmental Levels 1 through 3 may be used as a non-competitive and achievement-oriented program for use within a gym’s pre-team program, or they may be used as an introductory/recreational competitive program. States may offer State Championships for these levels.
- Gymnasts must enter at Level 1, but may progress through the events and skills at different levels.
- Athletes may not skip any level. They must advance one level at a time by scoring the minimum mobility score at any USA Gymnastics sanctioned competition.
- A gymnast may not advance to Level 4 until she has completed the requirements as listed in the Entry & Mobility chart.
- The second part consists of Compulsory Levels 4 and 5. Both of these levels are progressive in nature, building upon the skills required at the previous level. Competitive opportunities are provided up to and including the USA Gymnastics State Championships.